Google is offering new mobile ad units that give marketers more flexibility, including industry-specific products such as a hotel spot that enables consumers to reserve a room directly from the ad unit.
The news comes as the internet giant announced that more searches are taking place on mobile devices than on desktops in 10 countries, including the US
Making the announcement at the AdWords Performance Summit, Google launched new search formats which combine visual elements and structured data.
The new formats include
– 2 new formats for the auto industry, letting users view car models and dealers via rich Google commercial units
– The global availability of Hotel Search, featuring Hotel Price Ads.
A new interactive Shopping unit for product queries that provides richer information on the search results page.
– Several new products in financial services, including the expansion of our auto insurance product to new states and comparison for mortgages in the US.
Measurement tools launches:
· AdWords attribution Data-driven attribution, which uses conversion data to calculate the actual contribution of each keyword across the conversion path.
· Cross-device conversions integrated with automated bidding Integrate cross-device conversions into automated bidding. This is part of a broader update that will give the option to include cross-device conversions as part of the Conversions column.
“We’ve hit an inflection point,” Google’s VP Jerry Dischler, who heads up product management for search ads, told me yesterday. “There are now more Google searches on mobile than on desktop in ten countries, including the U.S. and Japan.”
“We’ve anticipated this moment, seen this trend coming for several years now, and have been investing ahead of the opportunity.”