Ahead of the highly anticipated final series of Game of Thrones, which is due to hit screens Sunday April 14th, Taboola – the leading content discovery platform – has created a GOT infographic to find out which characters are the most popular based on articles read.
Taboola analysed over 65 million page views, across 204 countries, reaching 30 million readers.
The results show that Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen are twice as likely to be read about than any other character, with 80 million minutes spent reading content related to Game of Thrones across the globe Interesting regional variations show that Arya Stark is most popular in Sudan while Tyrion Lannister attracts the most readers in China.
Taboola has the capability to analyse reader behaviour on sites where its products are installed, and on sites where permissions to collect user data is granted. Taboola now reaches 1.4 Billion people every month, nearly half of the world’s internet users.
• Daenerys Targaryen (AKA Khaleesi) and Jon Snow have almost twice the readers the Lannister family has, coming right after.
• The Lannister family are far more read about than the Starks.
• King’s Landing takes the readership throne, with over 2M readers.
• The Targaryen House is not only the most popular house, it gets twice the readers of the Stark House and almost 4x their rival and ally, House Lannister.
• Similarly to their general popularity, Khaleesi and Jon Snow are still the most common.
• Arya Stark is most popular in Sudan.
• In China, Tyrion Lannister attracted the most readers.
• The Old Gods and the New Gods are just as popular as one another
View the infographic below: