Ahead of the iPhone’s 10 year anniversary, Shutterstock has outlined how the iPhone has revolutionised design and photography in 10 trends shaped by the iPhone.
• Amateur photography: with an iPhone anyone can be a photographer
• Vertical photos and videos: from ads to social media posts, the iPhone has changed the direction of visual content
• Real-time news: making it easy to capture events as they unfold, the iPhone has transformed citizen journalism
• Visual brand design: apps have combined design and technology
• Selfies: a new form of self-expression, thanks to a front-facing camera
The number of iPhone photos uploaded to Shutterstock has risen dramatically, and will continue to rise—in 2017, they’re predicted to hit 1.5MM. 78% of Shutterstock’s iPhone images were uploaded in 2016.
The infographic below outlines the full impact of the iPhone on photography.