Snapchat will be partnering with BT Sport for an exclusive ‘Our Story’ coverage of the UEFA Champions League Final.
This means Snapchat’s ‘Our Story’ coverage will include clips and match footage from BT Sport to complement the Snaps submitted from fans in the stadium, the teams and those watching at home.
BT’s commercial partnership with Snapchat will offer the 10m+ daily Snapchatters in the UK a new way to experience the climax of this season’s UEFA Champions League.
The partnership saw Snapchat produce Our Stories for the semi-finals between AS Monaco and Juventus, and Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid, and will now include coverage of the UEFA Champions League Final on Saturday 3rd June direct from Cardiff.
Each Snapchat ‘Our Story’ is produced in-house by Snapchat and features clips provided by BT Sport of key moments from the match as well as behind-the-scenes Snaps taken by the teams and players participating in the competition.
The Champions League Our Story will also feature Snaps submitted from fans in the stadium, those watching at home and fans in Madrid and Turin. This allows Snapchatters to experience the match from many different perspectives.
“This partnership with will allow over 10m daily Snapchatters in the UK to experience what it feels like to be at the Champions League final.” said Ben Schwerin, VP Partnerships, Snap Inc. “We’re always thrilled to work with innovative partners like BT Sport to develop our sports coverage in the UK, in Europe and worldwide.”
Jeremy Rosenberg, Head of Advertising Partnerships, BT Sport said “Social media has played a big part in BT Sport’s Champions League success, and we are delighted to explore this exciting new partnership with Snapchat, which will take football fans to the heart of sport. We believe these Stories complement our innovative live match coverage, and we hope to give new audiences a distinctive and engaging experience.”
Official UEFA Champions League sponsor adidas will be running Snap Ads within Snapchat’s Our Story coverage of the final from Cardiff.
“Snapchat provides an amazing platform for our creators to do what they do best. We’re excited to see how our activation around the UEFA Champions League Final with NEMEZIZ will help add to the pinnacle of the European season.” said Barry Moore, Brand Director, adidas North Europe.
In 2017 Snapchat partnered with some of Europe’s top football clubs including all UEFA Champions League semi-finalists Real Madrid, Juventus, Atletico Madrid and AS Monaco to launch dynamic lenses that allow fans to paint their faces in team colours and head a ball in a game like experience.
For the UEFA Champions League final the Real Madrid and Juventus lenses will be available globally to allow all football fans around the world to show their support for their favorite team.
Global Stats (at 17th May 2017 and as average for last quarter)
- 166 million people use Snapchat daily
- 55 million people use Snapchat every day in Europe
- 60% of Daily Active Users create Snaps with the Camera every day
- Over 3 billion Snaps are created each day
- Over ten billion videos are watched on Snapchat every day
- Daily Active Users visit Snapchat more than 18 times each day
- Our community spends an average of over 30 minutes on Snapchat every day
- More than one in three Daily Active Users play with Lenses every day
- More than a billion Snaps with Geofilters are viewed on our application every day
- 60% of Daily Active Users come from the top ten advertising markets
- Over 50% of Daily New Users in the U.S. are 25+ year-olds
- 60% of Snap Ads are watched with audio on
- In February 2017 Snapchat announced there were over 10m daily Snapchatters in the UK.
- In May 2017 independent research from App Annie found that millions of U.K. Snapchatters are exclusive to Snapchat and cannot be reached by other mobile apps. This included that on any given day 31% of Snapchat’s 10m daily users in the UK cannot be reached by Facebook, 37% cannot be reached by Instagram, 44% cannot be reached by Messenger and 53% cannot be reached by YouTube.
- In October 2016 at the IAB conference in London Claire Valoti, GM of Snap Inc. in the UK announced Snapchatters in the UK were broadly 50% male and 50% female, and that of the 77% of Snapchatters in the UK that are over 18, 43% of these were parents.