People now spend on average over 3.5 hours a day using our mobile devices, making them the most important screen in our lives for content and the most valuable one for advertisers, according to new research.
The 2016 mobile trend predictions from Widespace indicates that by 2018 mobile advertising will account for 66% of all digital advertising investment.
Some key points:
• The domination of digital video content- by 2018 70% of media consumption will be on mobile or tablet devices
• Tailored content- bespoke tailored advertising for mobile users
• “Appification”- 90% of mobile time is spent using apps
• Wearables- with projected global sales of $100 billion by 2018, 2016 will see wearable tech reach new heights
• Virtual Reality- brands are beginning to explore the possibilities of VR as a gateway to personalised consumer experiences
• Programmatic premium- Over 60% of all programmatic spend is on mobile and this will increase to 76% by 2019
• M-Commerce- by 2020 m-commerce is predicted to account for 45% of all online purchases
• Digital ad quality- 54% of mobile video ads that are never seen
View the infographic below:
The research concentrates on the areas we feel brands will experiment with in order to better engage with their consumers through technology and mobile advertising.
The statistic based research looks to analyse new and existing technologies within the industry, tech we feel will grow to become an integral part of our lives in 2016.