Following on from last week’s Fortnite World Cup, global sales through eSports are expected to rise to $1.1 billion for the first time in 2019, according to new research.
Performance marketing firm Peak Ace teamed up with HotUKDeals to create an infographic that looks at current figures of the booming market and shows the potential.
- Worldwide sales through eSports are expected to rise to $1.1 billion for the first time in 2019.
- Sponsoring alone generates revenues of around $450 million.
- Last year, winners of The International earned approx. £22.5 million – £3 million more than the winners of the UEFA Champions League Final.
- Gaming boom 2.0.: Universities, agencies and sports clubs are investing in the expansion of eSports.
- In China, two new occupational groups linked to eSports were recognized by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security at the beginning of 2019.