LinkedIn has revealed its fourth annual UK Top Voices list, which celebrates the standout professionals making an impact on the platform within their industries.
Individuals honoured in the list are identified using a combination of LinkedIn insights and editorial signals, designed to capture the voices making a mark in their industries in each region and country.
To compile the list, the social network’s editors partnered with the LinkedIn Flagship Relevance team to uncover today’s most engaged – and engaging – members around the world in key segments.
It’s no easy task, considering the competition: over 2 million posts, videos and articles a day and tens of thousands of comments every hour – all generating tens of millions more shares and likes.
To find standout voices, we use a combination of data and editorial signals. We screen for engagement among professionals sharing in their area of expertise, looking at what kind of conversations – measured by engagement, including comments and re-shares – their original content is creating. We track relative follower growth, too: are these professionals attracting dedicated fans in their particular sector? Finally, we emphasize quality and diversity; the list should reflect the world we work in. All activity measured took place over a 12-month period, from mid-September 2017 to mid-September 2018, and as with all LinkedIn Lists, we excluded LinkedIn and Microsoft employees from consideration.
LinkedIn’s 25 Top Voices in the UK in 2018:
- Lucy Adams, CEO, Disruptive HR
- Somi Arian, Founder, Smart Cookie Media
- Roger Atkins, Founder, Electric Vehicles Outlook
- Yuval Atsmon, Chief Customer Officer, Globality
- Steve Blakeman, Managing Director, Global Accounts, OMD
- John Bird, Founder, The Big Issue
- Duena Blomstrom, Co-Founder, Emotional Banking and PeopleNotTech
- Simon Chan, Founder, DigiVue Consulting
- Jane Frankland, Managing Director, Cyber Security Capital
- Alexandra Galviz, Co-Founder, LocalX
- Lynda Gratton, Professor of Managing Practice, London Business School
- Harriet Green, Head of Asia Pac, IBM
- Mark Gregory, Chief Economist, EY UK
- David Hunt, CEO and founder, Hyperion Executive Search
- Leena Nair, Chief Human Resources Officer, Unilever
- Danielle Newnham, Co-founder, F Equals
- Sharon O’Dea, Co-founder, Lithos Partners
- Adam Rubins, CEO, Way to Blue
- Lex Sokolin, Global Director, Fintech Strategy
- Carol Stewart, Executive, Abounding Solutions
- Sue Unerman, Chief Transformation Officer, MediaCom
- Lisa Unwin, Founder and CEO, She’s Back
- Tendayi Viki, Managing Partner, Benneli Jacobs
- Jonathan A.J. Wilson, Professor, GSM London and Hult International Business School
- Jan Zijderveld, CEO, Avon