If this weekend’s Eurovision Song Contest was decided on social media, Saturday’s winner would be Albania, with a quarter of overall Eurovision mentions coming from the UK, according to new research.
UPDATE: Adobe has just revised its top 10 predictions for the Eurovision final based on the most recent social media mentions. It predicts Albania will now beat Australia to be crowned winners of the song contest.
Full table below:
Other Eurovision social facts include:
• The UK is the country most engaged with Eurovision on social media, accounting for a quarter of all mentions
• Then come Spain, which accounts for 17 percent of the buzz; The Netherlands (5 percent); The United States (4 percent); and host country Austria (3 percent)
• Sebastian has the most Twitter followers of the entrants (411k)
• The Belarus entry -Uzari&Maimuna – has recorded the most Eurovision-related mentions in social media
• Russia’s Polina Gagarina has the most YouTube views at 3.6m
• The bookies’ favourite is Mans Zelmerlow, Sweden
• Eurovision has 30% more social buzz than American Idol
• Social media mentions of Eurovision are currently running at around 10,000 a day
• More than 56 percent of the buzz relates to joy, admiration or anticipation for the event
• Australia’s Sebastian is outperforming the trend on sentiment, with 60 percent of the social buzz around him relating to joy, admiration or anticipation
Source: Adobe Digital Index