For marketing professionals, Facebook can be a difficult place to generate interest. Fan pages so empty the only conversation is between colleagues. But it doesn’t have to be that way. You don’t have to sell high-fructose foods or video games to amass a meaningful Facebook fandom. Online marketing firm Eloqua has published a resource for marketers who want to use Facebook in their marketing activity.
Eloqua’s newest Slideshare presentation, “10 Ways to ‘Solve’ Facebook for B2B” highlights 10 actionable tips – real things m,arketers can start (or stop) doing to make a measurable difference in Facebook marketing efforts.
The tips are derived from collaboration with BrandGlue, which grew Eloqua’s fan page by 2,500 percent, increased Facebook-referred traffic by 150% and increased fan engagement to about 3 times industry norms.
Highlights from the 21-slide deck include:
• Create a landing tab with a single call to action … it can increase new Fan conversions by 73%
• Don’t write text only status updates
• Facebook’s “golden ratio” of likes to comments (for B2B and B2C marketers)
• The positive impact rich media has on engagement
• The negative impact 3rdparty publishing tools have on visibility.
• Stop using auto-posting tools: They cloud your content’s visibility.
• Create a landing tab for new visitors: You wouldn’t believe the impact it has on conversion.
• Shift your focus from “page views” to “stream views”: The action happens in the newsfeed.
View the slide presentation below:
Eloqua blog: http://blog.eloqua.com/facebook-for-b2b-marketers/
SlideShare file: http://www.slideshare.net/Eloqua/facebookforb2b